The goods and services regime has a rule that a certain business which is being run if exceeds an annual turnover of Rs 20 lakhs then you must get GST registration in India. In case if you belong to a special state like north-eastern Indian states and Jammu and Kashmir along with other hill station states, then the rules changes and you must get GST registration if your annual turnover exceeds Rs 10 lakhs. For these businesses, a GST registration is absolutely mandatory. In case if your business organization continues to run its operations without getting a GST registration, then it is a cognizable offense and the owner will be liable for penalties. A GST registration could take anywhere from 2 days to 6 days.
Who Are Supposed To Get GST registration?
Following are the list of peoples who are supposed to get their GST Registration in India:-
- The individuals that are registered under the excise, VAT, service tax, etc were the taxes before the enforcement of the GST laws.
- Any businesses that have a turnover annually exceeding Rs 20 lakhs in general while the amount of Rs 10 lakhs for the special states like the north-eastern Indian states, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Jammu and Kashmir.
- Any sort of a casual taxable person or a non-resident taxable person.
- The agents of a supplier and as the input service distributors.
- All those that pay a tax under the reverse charge mechanism.
- Those people that supply via e-commerce.
- Every single e-aggregator.
- The kind of individuals that supply some kind of information online and has an access to a database or any trivial services from a place that’s outside of India to a person that resides in India. This is other than the registered taxable person.
What are the Documents Required for GST Registration?
- PAN of the Applicant
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of business registration or Incorporation certificate.
- Identity proof and Address proof of the Promoters and as well as the directors of your business or company with their passport sized photographs.
- Address proof of the place of the business.
- Bank Account statement, or Cancelled cheque.
- Digital Signature or a DSC.
- Letter of Authorization, Board Resolution for the Authorized Signatory
Follow the Steps For Online GST Registration Procedure
- First of all, you must visit the official government-provided website, which is a reg.gov.in.
- Once you are there, you will see the option to “register now” this option is for the new taxpayers.
- In case if you have already had this provision then you won’t need to go through that link unless you are totally new and don’t have any sort of GST or reference number.
- On the site, you will be seeing two options to select from either “New Registration “or “temporary reference number” also known as TRN for short. So, you will be selecting the “New GST Registration”.
- After this you will be asked for another thing that is, I’m a? – Where you will select the option of “taxpayer”. Along with the state or district and legal name of the business that you are running. This is where you will be mentioning your legal name which is supposed to be same as on your PAN card. Next mention the further details as asked like your registered mobile number and email address. Your mobile number must be a permanent one.
- Once you do so, you will get an OTP. This you are supposed to verify and then you shall receive an ARN number if all the submitted documents by you are correct and okay.
- In case, there found any kind of discrepancy then you will be asked to fill the form all over again and then submit it again.
If you are having any sort of trouble while following the GST Registration Process then what are you waiting for? Enterslice is the leading agency which is known for offering reliable online legal services to their customers.
More info visit - https://enterslice1.weebly.com/blog/what-is-the-need-of-gst-registration-and-who-must-apply-for-it